Thai citizens do not need a visa to Vietnam for 30 days. But if you want to stay longer in Vietnam, it would be better to apply for a visa. At this time, there are 2 ways to get a Vietnam visa in Thailand. And this page created for:
- Thai citizens who want to get a long time Vietnam visa.
- Foreign travelers who need a visa to Vietnam.
1. Apply for a visa at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate
Travelers, who want to get a Vietnam visa beforehand or coming to Vietnam by land or sea, should apply for a visa at the Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate.
Here is the contact detail of the Vietnam Embassy in Bangkok:
Chancery: 83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok , Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2 251 3552; +66 (0) 2 251 5838.
Fax: +66 (0) 2 251 7201; +66 (0) 2 251 7203
And the Vietnam Consulate in Khonkaen
Adress: 65/6 Chatapadung, Khonkaen 40000
Phone: (+60-043) 242 190
Fax: (+60-0 43) 241 154
Website : vnconsulate-khonkaen.mofa.gov.vn
Note: This way is suitable for anyone staying near the Embassy/Consulate and has plenty of time, especially without worrying about high costs.
Working time: Monday – Friday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm.
It should be noted, non of the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate works on the weekend, both Vietnam and Thailand holiday.
2. Applying for a Vietnam visa on arrival online
Visa on arrival means you apply for a Vietnam visa online then get the visa stamp when you arrive at Vietnam International airport. In short, it’s very simple procedure as you only need to perform the following 4 simple steps:
- Fill out the secure application form online
- Settle the visa fee and receive a confirmation
- Get your approval letter via email
- Submit the letter and get your visa stamped on arrival airport
Click here for more details of Vietnam visa application steps.
Obviously, this way will make your trip to Vietnam simpler and more economical, especially for those traveling by air to Vietnam. Vietnam visa on arrival is an advantage procedure for those living far from the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in Thailand. Also, applicants do not need to send off the passport or wait too long to get a visa approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department, which acts as official permission of getting the visa upon arrival.
How much is the Vietnam visa fee?
Applicants for Vietnam visa on arrival need to pay 02 types of fees: service fee and stamp fee.
- Service fee pays for the website owner to handle Vietnam visa approval letter for you at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee need to pay directly to the Vietnam Visa office when you arrive and submit the visa approval letter at the airport in Vietnam to get the visa stamp on the passport.
Here is the sample of Vietnam visa on arrival fees in Thailand:
How long does it take to get a visa to Vietnam?
Visa processing time at the Embassy/Consulate is 5 working days after you have submitted all the required document and expedited services is not available.
But it takes faster with the Vietnam Visa on arrival airport, only 2 – 3 working days to make a tourist visa or 3 – 4 working days for a business visa. Also, expedited visa service is available as below:
- Urgent: for those who need a Vietnam visa within 4-8 working hours.
- Emergency: for those who need a visa to Vietnam within 30 minutes – 45 minutes just before your flight departure time.
Important note: all the Vietnam Embassies/Consulate are closed on the weekend and on both Vietnam, Thailand public holidays. BUT the visa on arrival airport still works during this time.
See here for more detail about urgent visa service.
Let us know if you have any question about how to apply for a visa to Vietnam in Thailand via:
Hotline/whatsapp/viber: (+84)𝟖𝟗 𝟗𝟕𝟖 𝟗𝟑𝟑𝟖