There is the Embassy of Vietnam in Wellington, New Zealand. It means that your visa issuance, legalization requests can be processed more conveniently than those in countries without an Embassy/Consulate of Vietnam. You can find the contact details of this embassy below:
Address: Level 21 Grand Plimmer Tower, 2-6 Gilmer Terrace, Wellington 6011
Tel: (64-4) 473 5912
Fax: (64-4) 473 5913
Email: [email protected]
How to get Vietnam visa from New Zealand
This page was created for:
- New Zealand passport holders and
- Foreign resident or travelers in this country.
There are 02 common ways to get a visa to Vietnam from New Zealand as follows:
1. Apply at the local Embassy
Here is the basic documents need to prepare before going to the Embassy:
- A valid and original passport.
- Visa fee in cash: Please contact the Embassy for details.
- Fill in the visa application form at the Vietnam Embassy website: vnembassy-wellington.mofa.gov.vn/en-us
- Passport-size photo affixed
- Other supporting documents (at request by the embassy).
Standard processing time: 3 – 5 business days.
- The Vietnam Embassy is CLOSED on both Vietnam and New Zealand Public Holidays, weekends.
- The visa cost is non-refundable.
2. Apply online for visa on arrival
Visa on arrival (VOA) is the best choice to get a visa to Vietnam from New Zealand. It is especially beneficial for those living far from the Vietnam Embassy in this country. However, it is accepted for those traveling to Vietnam by air only.
To get a visa on arrival to Vietnam, applicants only need to follow these 03 simple steps:
1. Complete this online visa form with some basic personal information base on your current passport, including:
- Full name: first, middle and last name.
- Date of birth: same as our format on this page DD/MM/YY
- Passport number
- Passport expiry date.
- Type of visa (single or multiple entry)
- Select visa purpose
2. Get visa approval letter via email within guaranteed time.
3. Pay the Vietnam stamp fee upon arrival at Vietnam airport and get visa sticker onto passport.