Currently, there are 02 ways to get a Vietnam visa from Germany. You can apply for a visa at the Vietnam Embassy or visa on arrival airport. Depending on your location, time, visa purpose… you can check and figure out the best way to get a Vietnam visa.
1. Applying for a Vietnam visa on arrival online
Visa on arrival means you apply for a Vietnam visa online then get the visa stamp when you arrive at Vietnam International airport. In short, it’s a very simple procedure as you only need to perform the following 4 simple steps:
- Fill out the secure application form online
- Settle the visa fee and receive a confirmation
- Get your approval letter via email
- Submit the letter and get your visa stamped on arrival airport
Click here for more details of the Vietnam visa application steps.
How much does it cost?
There are 02 types of fees that you need to pay: service fee and stamp fee.
- Service fee pays for us to handle the Vietnam visa approval letter for you at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee needs to pay directly to the Vietnam Visa office when you arrive and submit the visa approval letter at the airport in Vietnam to get the visa stamp on the passport.
Here is the Vietnam visa on arrival fees:
2. Apply for a visa directly at the Vietnam Embassy
Travelers, who want to get a Vietnam visa beforehand or coming to Vietnam by land or sea, should apply for a visa at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in Germany. Here are the contact details of the Offices:
- Vietnam Embassy in Germany
Address: Elsenstraße 3 12435 Berlin-Treptow
- Vietnam Consulate in Frankfurt
Address: Villa Hanoi, Kennedy-Allee 49, 60596 Frankfurt am Main.
Tel: 49-69-795 336 50
Fax: 49-69-795 336 511
Working hours: 9:00 Am – 17:00 Pm (except Vietnamese and Germany national holidays).
Note: This way is suitable for anyone staying near the Embassy/Consulate and has plenty of time, especially without worrying about high costs.
How long does it take to get a visa to Vietnam?
Visa processing time at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate is 3 – 5 working days after you have submitted all the required documents and expedited services are not available.
But it takes faster with the Vietnam Visa on arrival airport, only 2 – 3 working days to make a tourist visa or 3 – 4 working days for a business visa. Also, expedited visa service is available as below:
- Urgent: for those who need a Vietnam visa within 4-8 working hours.
- Emergency: for those who need a visa to Vietnam within 30 minutes – 45 minutes just before your flight departure time.
Important note: the Vietnam Embassy and Consulate are closed on the weekend and on both Vietnam, Germany public holidays. BUT the visa on arrival airport still works during this time.
See here for more detail about the urgent visa service.
After all, let us know if you have any question about visa to Vietnam from Germany via:
Hotline/Whatsapp/Viber: (+84)90 660 9394