Australian citizens NEED a visa to Vietnam for any purpose from tourism, business or other. Fortunately, it quite easy for Australian citizens to apply for a Vietnam visa in many different ways depending on the purpose, time and place you live. Currently, there are 02 ways to get a Vietnam visa in Australia:
1. Apply for a visa directly at the Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate
Travelers, who want to get a Vietnam visa beforehand or coming to Vietnam by land or sea, should apply for a visa at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in Australia. Here are the contact details of the Offices:
- Vietnam Embassy in Canberra
Address: 6 Timbarra Crescent, O’Malley, ACT, 2606, Australia
Tel: 02 6286 6059 (extension 101/102)
- The Vietnam Consulate in Perth
Address: Level 8, 16 St Georges Terrace, WA 6000 P O Box 3122 East Perth WA 6892
Tel:(+61) 8 9221 1158
- The Vietnam Consulate Sydney
Address: Suite 205, level 2, Edgecliff Centre, 203 – 233 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, NSW 2027.
Tel: 02 93271912 / 02 93272539
Working times: from Monday to Friday (except Vietnamese and Australian national holidays).
– Morning: from 9h to 12h
– Afternoon: from 14h to 17h
Note: This way is suitable for anyone staying near the Embassy/Consulate and has plenty of time, especially without worrying about high costs.
2. Applying for a Vietnam visa on arrival online
Visa on arrival means you apply for a Vietnam visa online then get the visa stamp when you arrive at Vietnam International airport. In short, it’s a very simple procedure as you only need to perform the following 4 simple steps:
- Fill out the secure application form online
- Settle the visa fee and receive a confirmation
- Get your approval letter via email
- Submit the letter and get your visa stamped on arrival airport
Click here for more details of Vietnam visa application steps.
Obviously, this way will make your trip to Vietnam simpler and more economical, especially for those traveling by air to Vietnam. Vietnam visa on arrival is an advantage procedure for those living far from the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in Australia. Also, applicants do not need to send off the passport or wait too long to get a visa approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department, which acts as official permission of getting the visa upon arrival.
How much is the Vietnam visa on arrival cost for Australian citizens?
There are 02 types of fees that you need to pay: service fee and stamp fee.
- Service fee pays for us to handle the Vietnam visa approval letter for you at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee needs to pay directly to the Vietnam Visa office when you arrive and submit the visa approval letter at the airport in Vietnam to get the visa stamp on the passport.
Here is the Vietnam visa on arrival fees:
How long does it take to get a visa to Vietnam?
Visa processing time at the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate is 3 – 5 working days after you have submitted all the required document and expedited services are not available.
But it takes faster with the Vietnam Visa on arrival airport, only 2 – 3 working days to make a tourist visa or 3 – 4 working days for a business visa. Also, expedited visa service is available as below:
- Urgent: for those who need a Vietnam visa within 4-8 working hours.
- Emergency: for those who need a visa to Vietnam within 30 minutes – 45 minutes just before your flight departure time.
Important note: all the Vietnam Embassies/Consulate are closed on the weekend and on both Vietnam, Australia public holidays. BUT the visa on arrival airport still works during this time.
See here for more detail about the urgent visa service.
Let us know if you have any question about Vietnam visa for Australian citizens via:
Hotline/Whatsapp/Viber: (+84)𝟖𝟗 𝟗𝟕𝟖 𝟗𝟑𝟑𝟖