South African citizens NEED a visa to Vietnam for any purpose from tourism, business or other. Fortunately, it quite easy for South African citizens to apply for a Vietnam visa in many different ways depending on the purpose, time and place you live. There are 02 popular ways to get a Vietnam visa in South Africa:
1. Apply for a visa directly at the Vietnamese Embassy
Travelers, who want to get a Vietnam visa beforehand or coming to Vietnam by land or sea, should apply for a visa at the Vietnamese Embassy in Pretoria. Here is the contact detail of the Embassy:
Address: 87 Brooks St., Brooklyn, Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA
Telephone: +27 (0)12 362 8119
Fax: +27 (0) 12 342 8441
Note: This way is suitable for anyone staying near Pretoria and has plenty of time, especially without worrying about high costs.
Working time: Monday – Friday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm.
2. Applying for a Vietnam visa on arrival online
Visa on arrival means you apply for a Vietnam visa online then get the visa stamp when you arrive at Vietnam International airport. In short, it’s very simple procedure as you only need to perform the following 4 simple steps:
- Fill out the secure application form online
- Settle the visa fee and receive a confirmation
- Get your approval letter via email
- Submit the letter and get your visa stamped on arrival airport
Click here for more details of Vietnam visa application steps.
Obviously, this way will make your trip to Vietnam simpler and more economical, especially for those traveling by air to Vietnam. Vietnam visa on arrival is an advantage procedure for those living far from the Vietnam Embassy in South Africa. Also, applicants do not need to send off the passport or wait too long to get a visa approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department, which acts as official permission of getting the visa upon arrival.
How much is the Vietnam visa fee?
Applicants for Vietnam visa on arrival need to pay 02 types of fees: service fee and stamp fee.
- Service fee pays for the website owner to handle Vietnam visa approval letter for you at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee need to pay directly to the Vietnam Visa office when you arrive and submit the visa approval letter at the airport in Vietnam to get the visa stamp on the passport.
Here is the Vietnam visa fees for South African citizens:
How long does it take to get a visa to Vietnam?
Visa processing time at the Embassy is 5 working days after you have submitted all the required document and expedited services is not available.
But it takes faster with the Vietnam Visa on arrival airport, only 2 – 3 working days to make a tourist visa or 3 – 4 working days for a business visa. Also, expedited visa service is available as below:
- Urgent: for those who need a Vietnam visa within 4-8 working hours.
- Emergency: for those who need a visa to Vietnam within 30 minutes – 45 minutes just before your flight departure time.
Important note: all the Vietnam Embassies/Consulate are closed on the weekend and on both Vietnam, South Africa public holidays. BUT the visa on arrival airport still works during this time.
See here for more detail about urgent visa service.
Let us know if you have any question about visa to Vietnam for South African via:
Hotline/whatsapp/viber: (+84)90 660 9394